Saturday, December 6, 2008

Where has the sun gone?

One of the things I've noticed here in Holland is the lack of sun. Not just because of all the clouds, but also because of sunset/sunrise times. At the moment the sun is rising around 8:30AM and setting at 4:30PM. Compare this to where I'm from in Canada, where the sun is still rising at 7:30AM, and setting at 4:30PM. With 15 days left until the 21st, I'm curious how much more day time will be without sun. It's a bit depressing... especially since when the sun is up, it's usually covered by clouds. Why did I come here again? And not to Spain or Italy?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good question........
It IS depressing here..

Victor said...

It's not so depressing, just the weather. The sunny disposition of the dutch makes up for it. ;)

bossguy9 said...

We know why you went to Holland, don't we? Wasn't it to learn the language?

Anonymous said...

Well, why should you want THAT?!

Victor said...

Why should I want what?

Anonymous said...

I don't know :)

Inga Auðbjörg said...

Try Iceland...