Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 46: Many stories to tell...

I'm sorry about the long time since my last post, but for one week I didn't do much of anything interesting, and than the next one I ended up being too busy to post anything... That's life I guess.
I'll start with a trip I took to a park last week. The park is called Kralingse Bos, and is a short bike ride from where I live. It's located near the neighbourhood of Kralingen which is where in the 19th century rich Rotterdamers built their villas and gardens. The park is really nice and contains a large pond called Kralingse Plas. People can take their boats out on it, or relax on its beach. I thought the park was very nice. It was full of people walking along the paths or laid out on blankets relaxing in the sun. Well at least it started out sunny... but it was cloudy by the time I left. Here are some pictures:
Of course, we have the wind mills that seem to pop up all over this country:
The city is never far away:
The lake was very calm on the day I was there:

2 comments:

Birgitte said...

It's so pretty! I have a thing for parks.

Sarah said...

Really nice pictures! BTW, it took me months before I actually saw a windmill in the Netherlands.. I was expecting them to be everywhere, but they're really not.