Saturday, August 2, 2008

The rest of the Weekend - July 26-27

After the parade I rushed home, had supper, and then went to Ploenk's in Hilversum for a CouchSurfing party. It was lots of fun. There were some new faces and some familiar faces. We watched movies: Coming to America and Monsters, Inc. After we went to a local club where I saw how they party in Hilversum... pretty much like they do everywhere else. However, unlike Canada the club was open until 3:00AM. I learned some new dance moves(the shopping cart, the lawn mower, etc.) and heard some really bad music. The DJ had a strange urge to switch songs every 30 seconds. The next day Sunday we woke up late(those of us who went to sleep) and headed to Utrecht to a park where a couchsurfer's Ska band was playing some music. We spent a relaxing few hours stretched out on the grass listening to good music, and finding new ways of annoying each other. I'd never heard Ska before, but I definitely recommend it! The band was called Stampede. Here is their myspace page:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=79267120
Overall a great weekend. I'm really grateful to Birgitte for introducing me to CouchSurfing and to all those CS'ers I've met since I came to the Netherlands. They've really made me feel welcome in the country and also really made my first month and a half a lot better than I expected it would be. Thank you!
Some couchsurfers!


3 comments:

Birgitte said...

*Blush* so glad you're having fun Canada!!
That's a great pic you added!

Anonymous said...

Also some thanks from me, Birgitte :) As you can see in the pic, we also like it that Victor joined CS :)

Anonymous said...

btw, Vic, you never heard Ska before?!?! :| Wow..