Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 97: Boat trip

Saturday night I went to a birthday party in Hilversum. It was lots of fun. But, it never ceases to amaze me how easily the Dutch can switch to and talk fluently in English. And often it's not a problem, they're happy to do it! Here is an almost completely bilingual country, that only has one official language. What Canadians could learn from this...
Sunday afternoon I went with my roomate and her boyfriend on a boat tour of the Rotterdam harbour. Something I've been meaning to do for awhile. We picked a great day. It was a little cool, but super sunny which made for a great view of the port.
Here are a couple pictures looking back at the city:

Here is the S.S. Rotterdam, the former flag ship of the Holland-America trans-atlantic line. Now it's a multicultural centre.

A cargo ship on the river:

Some of the many containers that are everywhere along the side of the river:
Pictures of parts of the port:



Nice trip!

No comments: